Friday, January 7, 2011

Who will be my exchange student?

Wednesday we heard that the matching was almost done. All my classmates who participate this exchange gave some excited noises.
We have been waiting the hole holiday and this would be the final moment, but then our tutor said we had to wait until friday since they were not ready yet.

And yeah, today was the day, when we heard who where going to be our exchange students and I got home with a big smile, even when the rain was pouring down.
I came inside and heard my mom on the phone, she was talking to my dad. I didn't understand what was going on.
When mom was done phoning she asked why my tutor would call them and I was shocked, I could't remember I did something bad or wrong.

I gave a little smile and my mom smiled back, she was just fooling around.
She told me that my tutor was a little in shock since she and our other team leader found out there was another girl who participates the exchange, who they didn't know about.

Well since I don't have any place (my brother is autistic and he can't deal with other people in the house, and we have little space) for my exchange student I shared someone with one of my best friends.

But since there is another student who participates I will get my own but now my tutor has to find some place to stay for her.
I don't really want to since I've got homesickness and when I'm with someone I know, trust and who knows about my homesickness I can stand the situation better then when I'm alone.
My mom said I had to stop saying I didn't want it since we can't look in the future and we don't know how it will go in Spain. She offered to try to talk with the parents of my exchange student or write a letter in their language. She also said that these people are loving parents too and will care for me as well as they can.
I had to give in since my mom gave hole a story about how it would be for my exchange student and further. Even when I got a little irritated because she was going on and on and on, I thought what she was telling was true and I changed thinking about the fact that I got my own student. Now the only problem is that
my tutor has to find a place for my exchange student otherwise I have to stop calling the girl like that.
Furthermore I don't know anything about the girl, I know as much as my parents and the family. Nothing. I need to wait and hope that everything will be fine.
Wish us luck.
Or say: "break a leg". Which means the same as good luck. We use that in the theatre world before going on stage.
Bye, Bye.



We need to find donations and sponsoring for the exchange and I hope you will help me. Maybe you want me to send a card to you from Spain, or maybe you want me to write down something positive each day to conquer my homesickness? You can read more about donating and/or sponsoring: here

0 comments:

Post a Comment